This project was an application process to a 243 square metre section of one of the air bridges.
Heathrow Airport Limited found that the jetties at T4 had slip issues caused by wet or damp surfaces mainly during the winter months. After testing the area, the results showed a high risk of slip.
Heathrow needed a solution to reduce the slip risk without the large cost of replacing the flooring.
AGS were asked to supply an anti-slip system that could be easily cleaned whilst maintaining slip resistance. We suggested the application of the Recoat anti-slip system.
- Recoat is passenger dry in the very short working times needed due to aircraft movement.
- Recoat has all the fire ratings needed for airports and London Underground.
- Recoat is easy to clean yet has great anti-slip properties.
- Recoat can also be applied to vinyls as well as hard surfaces i.e. stone.
- High wearing / abrasion resistance.
- Clean floors and remove all existing polish and contaminants
- Apply anti-slip primer
- Apply anti-slip top coat
Coating works were completed in 3 hours, leaving 3 hours for the floor to cure before the first aircraft was ready for boarding.
Following completion of the work, a slip test was carried out ten days after application. The results were very good even after heavy traffic.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Help us help you. Get in touch with your query and we will do our best to help.